U-Pass for University Students


Valid for currently enrolled University of Missouri-Kansas CityMetropolitan Community College of Kansas City, Johnson County Community CollegeKansas City Kansas Community CollegeKansas City Art Institute and Donnelly College students. 

Your student ID makes riding the bus simple. No more fumbling for exact change or worrying about transfers. One swipe of your student ID and you’re on your way.

What is a U-Pass?

The U-Pass allows students at designated schools to use their student ID card on any RideKC bus route except the K-10 connector operating between Overland Park and Lawrence.

Where do I buy one?

You don’t. The bus pass is incorporated into the same student ID card used for other school. Contact your school if you need a new ID card.

Popular Destinations in Missouri and Kansas

UMKC and KCAI: Main MAX and Troost MAX are easily accessible to UMKC students. From campus, the bus can get you to work or to the grocery store. Downtown, Crown Center, Hospital Hill can all be easily reached by bus. See a PDF with with more details about stops and area service: UMKC - KCAI.

MCCKC: All five MCC campuses are served by at least one RideKC route, with connections to routes all over the region. MCC-Penn Valley is served direct by five routes, and is within walking distance of the Main MAX. See a PDF with with more details about stops and area service.

JCCC: Routes 401, 402, 403, 435, 475 and 510 serve JCCC. See a PDF with with more details about stops and area service at JCCC.

KCKCC: Routes 101 and 116 serve the KCKCC main campus.

Donnelly College: Route 118 serves Donnelly College. Route 101 is just a few blocks north of campus. Donnelly College students should get a RideKC U-Pass from the Admissions Office. See a PDF with with more details about stops and area service.

Ready to save money and forget the parking hassles?

Check out our Starter Kit to begin riding.

Transit also can take you to some of Kansas City trendy spots including the Crossroads District, the Power & Light District, the T-Mobile Center, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art or the Brookside/Waldo neighborhoods featuring small clusters of restaurants and bars.

The U-Pass can be used on weekdays to get to Overland Park’s Metcalf Avenue corridor where there is a wealth of jobs and dining options. Other destinations include Oak Park Mall, downtown Overland Park and Johnson County Community College. Going west? A bus can get you to Kansas City, Kan. and the Village West entertainment complex, near Sporting Park, home of Sporting KC, and Community America Ballpark where the T-Bones play ball.