Micro Transit operates Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Effective Saturday, July 6, the service expands! Saturday service includes State Line to Renner and also operates from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Fare remains at $1.50 per trip.
Most trips will use a Micro Transit van (pictured). However, beginning in Fall 2019, RideKC is adding taxi vehicles to the Micro Transit fleet during high demand times, such as morning and evening rush hour, and over the lunch hour.
You can take Micro Transit anywhere within the service area shown below. The service area includes Downtown Overland Park, Mission Transit Center and KU Edwards Campus. Destinations include AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, Oak Park Mall and Johnson County Community College.
Weekdays: 63rd Street and Shawnee Mission Parkway on the north, Metcalf on the east, Renner Rd. on the west and 119th on the south
Saturdays: 63rd Street and Shawnee Mission Parkway on the north, State Line Road on the east, Renner Rd. on the west and 119th on the south
Request a Ride:
Pay your Fare: Pay $1.50 per ride with in the Microtransit/TransLoc app or with exact cash in vehicle. You can also transfer to RideKC Micro Transit with your bus pass or transfer card (paper or RideKC app).
Enjoy the Trip: Your trip will be as direct as possible to your entered destination.
Note: The app will change its name to TransLoc, effective July 15. The app icon and functionality will stay the same.
2. Open the app and review the available services. Choose the service you want to use by tapping "Book a Ride."
3. Confirm your pick-up location and select your drop-off location. These must be within the service's region paramaters shown on the map. Change your pick-up time by tapping “ ASAP” and selecting a new time and date to schedule your ride ahead of time.
4. Select the number of passengers with you, and if you need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle. Tap "Request Ride" when ready.
5. The first time you use the app, the system will require you to log in or create an account* with TransLoc (the company behind the app). *This is a free account, and your information will not be shared, however, you will need to include your mobile phone number if you would like to receive text message notifications.
6. Keep the app open to stay informed on your ride status.
Have questions about Micro Transit? Send us an email at RideKConDemand@kcata.org.