Working Together Against COVID
This page was originally published in March 2020 and will be updated with important information about the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on RideKC transit service.
Update, August 2022:
- Possible Delays: RideKC is operating reduced schedules. If there are significant delays due to staffing issues, notices about delays will be sent through RideKC Notify and will not be posted on this web page. Visit RideKC Notify to learn how to sign up for text, email or phone notifications for the routes you use. For next available bus, contact the Regional Call Center at 816-221-0660 on weekdays, or use online trip planners and bus trackers. Bus trackers: ridekc.org/rider-guide/track-your-bus. Transit app: https://ridekc.org/fares/transit-app.
- Face Mask Order, updated April 19: The face mask mandate for customers using RideKC buses and RideKC Freedom paratransit has been discontinued. Masks are optional on RideKC vehicles. Following a court ruling, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) says it is no longer enforcing the mask use on public transportation and transportation hubs. The CDC continues to recommend that people wear masks in indoor public transportation settings. RideKC is beginning the process of removing signs about the mask mandate from bus stops and vehicles.
- Fares Suspended: Fares are suspended on all RideKC buses, including those operated by KCATA, Johnson County, Kansas City, Kansas, and Independence, Mo. Fares are expected to remain suspended for the time being. Fares resumed on 199 Micro Transit and 499 Micro Transit on Nov. 9, 2020.
- All-Door Boarding: Riders may board at the front or back door.
- COVID Testing Sites at Transit Centers: COVID testing is available at the Midtown KCK 47th & State Ave. Transit Center. See bulletin for testing sites hours. To schedule an appointment, visit curative.com. Walk-ins and on-site registration are available.
- Lost and Found Policy: Pickup is at by appointment only at the East Village Transit Center, 12th and Charlotte. Pick ups may be affected by inclement weather. KCATA will collect and store keys, wallets, purses, mobile phones, laptops, eyeglasses, and medication. There is a five-day hold period. All other items, except bicycles, will be discarded.
- Printed RideKC Schedules: Printed bus schedules and maps are now available by request only. They are not available on board buses. You may request them via phone or email. Complete schedules are also available at RideKC.org and in the Transit app.
- Some in-person meetings at KCATA are suspended. KCATA Board of Commissioners meetings will be held via teleconference.
RideKC is proactively taking steps to minimize exposure to customers and employees, and we are asking for your help, as well.
Many questions about novel coronavirus can be answered at the KCMO.org website.