Buses throughout the Kansas City region are fitted with lifts or ramps so the vehicles are accessible to riders with disabilities. It’s just one of many accommodations that the region has in place to ensure equal access to public transportation. Other arrangements for riders with disabilities include:
- Service animals are allowed on buses.
- Priority seating is available near the front of the bus.
- One attendant may ride free.
- Assistance for hearing impaired is available nationwide at 711.
- Riders with disabilities qualify for reduced fares throughout the region.
- Reduced fares are available for riders with disabilities throughout the region. See our list of fares and passes to see how to apply.
- Complementary paratransit services are available for anyone with a disability.