UPDATED: February 13, 2015
DRAFT APPLICATION [PDF]
(Kansas City, Mo. – Feb. 2, 2015) The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) will host several public meetings during the week of Feb. 9 to discuss proposed changes to the application process for Share-A-Fare paratransit service.
Customers and stakeholders are invited to attend one of the following meetings to learn more about the new process:
- Monday, Feb. 9, 11 a.m. -1 p.m., Alphapointe, 7501 Prospect Ave., Kansas City, Mo.
- Monday, Feb. 9, 3-5 p.m., Trails West Library, 11401 E. 23rd St. South, Independence, Mo.
- Tuesday, Feb. 10, 12-2 p.m., UGT State Ave. MetroCenter, 47th and State Ave., Kansas City, Kan.
- Tuesday, Feb. 10, 4-6 p.m., The Whole Person, 3710 Main St., Kansas City, Mo.
- Wednesday, Feb. 11, 1-2:30 p.m., KCATA Breen Building (SAF Advisory Committee Mtg.), 1200 E. 18th St., Kansas City, Mo. (One presentation during the meeting.)
- Thursday, Feb. 12, 3-5 p.m., St. Luke's Barry Medical Park Building, 5844 N.W. Barry Rd., Ground Floor - South Conf. Room, Kansas City, Mo.
- Thursday, Feb. 26, 3-4 p.m., UGT State Ave MetroCenter, 47th and State, Ave, Kansas City, Kan.
- Friday, Feb. 27, 2:30-3:30 p.m., Trails West Library, 11401 E 23rd St. South, Independence, Mo.
The meetings will consist of a 30-40-minute presentation followed by an opportunity for questions and comments. During the two-hour meetings, the presentation will be repeated at the beginning of the second hour.
KCATA has contracted MTM, Inc. to manage the application processing for paratransit operations. In response to public meetings last year, KCATA has designed a more thorough application instead of establishing in-person interviews for determining eligibility for paratransit service. The process should ensure the most appropriate mode of transportation for all, with fairness and compliance with ADA regulations.
Customers who are unable to attend a public forum can also submit comments on the proposed changes through:
- Online Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/shareafare
- Mail: KCATA, Share-A-Fare, 1200 E. 18th St., Kansas City, MO 64108
- Phone: 816-346-0295 (leave comment on prerecorded line)
- Email: email@example.com
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey
, the world's leading questionnaire tool.