UPDATED: Dec. 4, 2018
Due to construction the new Prospect MAX, there will be temporary closings of bus stops, from now through fall 2019. The affected areas include 11th and 12th streets Downtown and Prospect Avenue from Downtown to 75th Street.
During construction, which began this month, bus stop and sidewalk closure will last 4 to 6 weeks at each stop. Sidewalks and bus stops across the street from each other in the same block will not be closed at the same time. Pedestrians are encouraged to follow signs indicating safe walking paths to bus stops. Buses will not be rerouted for this portion of construction.
New construction through mid-December 2018 includes:
- Northbound Prospect at 55th affecting route 71 Prospect. Passengers should board at northbound Prospect at 56th or northbound Prospect at 54th.
- Eastbound 12th at Prospect affecting route 12 12th Street. A temporary stop has been installed at eastbound 12th at Olive (at approximately 2319 12th St.)
- Northbound Prospect at 51st affecting routes 55 Universities-Crossroads, 71. Passengers should board at northbound Prospect at 50th or northbound Prospect at 52nd.
- Westbound 12th at Brooklyn affecting route 12. A temporary stop has been installed at westbound 12th at Olive.
- Northbound Prospect at 63rd affecting route 71. Passengers should board at northbound Prospect at 64th or the temporary stop at northbound Prospect at 63rd (just north of the BP gas station).
In addition, Prospect MAX construction continues at:
- Eastbound 12th at Troost affecting routes 12, 18 Indiana, 25 Troost, 27 27th Street, 28 Blue Ridge, 71. A temporary stop has been installed eastbound 12th at Harrison.
- Eastbound 12th at Woodland affecting route 12. Passengers should board at eastbound 12th at Paseo or eastbound 12th at Brooklyn.
- Northbound Prospect at Meyer affecting route 71. Passengers should board at northbound Prospect at Meyer (near Taco Bell) or northbound at 6407 Prospect.
- Eastbound 12th at Brooklyn, affecting route 12. A temporary stop has been installed at eastbound 12th at Olive.
- Eastbound 12th at Grand affecting Troost MAX, 9 9th Street, 11 Northeast-Westside, 12, 15 Truman Road, 16 Truman Road Limited, 18, 24 Independence, 25, 28, 29 Blue Ridge Limited, 47 Broadway, 52 Ward Parkway Limited, 71, 101 State Avenue, 106 Quindaro, 229 Boardwalk-KCI, 233 Vivion-Antioch, 236 East Gladstone, 238 Meadowbrook, 405 Nall-Downtown, 535 Shoal Creek-Liberty Express, 570 Blue Springs Express. A temporary stop has been installed at 12th at McGee Street.
- Northbound Grand at 12th affecting Main MAX, 16, 24, 47, 51 Ward Parkway, 77 Casino Cruiser, 85 Paseo, 201 North Oak, 229, 235 Winnwood-Gracemor, 236, 237 West Gladstone, 535, 550 Lee’s Summit Express, 570, 571 71 Highway Express. A temporary stop has been installed south, closer to 13th Street.
- Westbound 11th at Petticoat affecting Troost MAX, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 18, 25, 52, 71, 229. A temporary stop has been installed east, closer to Walnut Street.
Construction unrelated to Prospect MAX but affecting route 71 includes:
- Northbound Prospect at 18th. A temporary stop has been installed at northbound Prospect at 18th (before the intersection at Family Dollar).
- Northbound Prospect at Truman Road. A temporary stop has been installed at westbound Truman Road at Prospect (at approximately 2510 Truman Road).
- Northbound Prospect at 16th. Passengers should board at northbound Prospect at 18th or the temporary stop at westbound Truman Road at Prospect (at approximately 2510 Truman Road).
Rider alert signs are posted at affected bus stops with information regarding alternative or temporary stops. This service bulletin page will be updated regularly as construction progresses. . Construction information also is shared in the Prospect MAX Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/ProspectMAX.
The Prospect MAX construction timeline is approximate and subject to change.
For route and schedule information, contact the Regional Call Center at 816.221.0660, weekdays from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.