A new way to get around in Independence is available to RideKC Freedom (formerly IndeAcess) customers.
On October 2, the City of Independence, Mo., and the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority implemented Freedom On-Demand service in Independence, Mo. You can now choose to schedule and ride same-day service in your city. RideKC Freedom On-Demand is also available in Kansas City, Mo., Johnson County and Wyandotte County, Ks.
This is exciting news for RideKC Freedom customers wanting to travel to destinations in the metro area without scheduling service at least 24 hours in advance. When you are ready to schedule your ride, simply call the RideKC Freedom office or use the Freedom On-Demand mobile app.
More about Freedom On-Demand
- The service costs $5 for the first 5 miles and $2 each mile after
- Same-day service is available; no advance reservation required
- Service is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Pay with cash, credit, debit or through the mobile app RideKC Freedom
- Use up to 60 one-way trips per month
Start Using Freedom On-Demand
- Download the RideKC Freedom On-Demand app to get started. You can schedule a trip through the app.
- Call (816) 842-9070 and press option #4 to schedule a trip over the phone. Be prepared to give your RideKC Freedom ID number. The agent will assist you with reserving your trip.
- For additional Freedom On-Demand information, go to: http://ridekc.org/mobility-services/ridekc-freedom-ondemand